SIGNATURE (SInGle cells iN AuToimmUne inflammatoRy disEases) is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovation Training Network (ITN), funded by the European Commission, Horizon Europe Program. Commencing its activities in January 2023, the Network will provide PhD training to 10 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs).
As a beneficiary member of the SIGNATURE consortium, AltraBio is looking to hire a PhD student who will:
- develop machine-learning-based analytical pipelines adapted to the analysis and integration of the data generated, or available to, the consortium (tissue images, single cell studies, clinical data)
- implement the develop methods to analyse the data generated by the consortium to define the molecular stratification of the diseases and to identify molecular predictors of treatment response.
SIGNATURE will offer:
- A thorough scientific education in the frame of a doctoral training program.
- The possibility to participate in specific international courses, workshops and conferences.
- Strong involvement in a European research project with high international visibility.
- The opportunity to perform research visits to internationally renowned research labs in Europe.
- A prestigious three-year MSCA Fellowship.
- The positions receive funding for 36 months by the Marie-Sklodowska-Curie Doctoral Network within the Horizon Europe Program of the European Commission.
We are looking for 10 highly motivated doctoral candidates, starting at the earliest possible dates.
- Eligibility to enrol in a doctoral programme at the time of the recruitment.
- MSc degree in life sciences/molecular biology or engineering/computer sciences (Please check each individual project for more information).
- Supporting trans-national mobility (i.e. No residence or main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 36 months before their recruitment date).
- Secondments – availability to travel as per each individual project requirements.
You will be performing all research activities in your respective Doctoral Candidate Project. This includes literature search, preparation of methodological design, study execution, data analysis, and dissemination through publication in highly ranked journals, as well as presentations at international conferences.
You will be working closely with each other, as well as with other members of the SIGNATURE project and 3TR project. International collaboration will be facilitated through short-term research stays at SIGNATURE partner institutions.
You will actively participate in all training activities of the SIGNATURE network.
You must have good communication skills in English (oral and written), be team-oriented and willing to work in an interdisciplinary and international environment. We expect the ability to take responsibility and meet deadlines, prioritizing where necessary.
The review of applications will begin on March 2023.
Questions regarding individual projects should be directed to the Principal Investigators.
Please check this information in each of the Individual Projects and in the Applicants Guide.
Final_Applicants Guide_MSCA DN SIGNATURE.pdf
Master Degree or equivalent
Master Degree or equivalent
In general, the eligibility criteria are those established by the MSCA programme, in particular for Doctoral Networks.
- A Master’s degree (or expect to have one soon) with a strong academic record in a related scientific field is required. It can also be a long degree, or an engineering degree, depending on the doctoral school. There are several routes to doctoral studies. You will have to indicate this in the relevant section of the application form.
- Researchers recruited onto a DN must be doctoral candidates, i.e. not already in possession of a doctoral degree at the date of the recruitment. (Researchers who have successfully defended their doctoral thesis but who have not yet formally been awarded the doctoral degree will not be considered eligible).
- Being eligible to be enrolled in a doctoral programme leading to the award of a degree in at least one EU Member State or Horizon Europe associated country.
Find some information here & here
For the SIGNATURE programme, each individual project has established specific eligibility conditions.
- Please check each particular case in the Applicant Guide.
Languages: ENGLISH; Level: Excellent
Where to apply